Luke has matured so much in the last few months, I sometimes forget that he's 4, a Pre-K kid now...but everyday he reminds me by his behavior. He is saying the silliest things lately, and he truly understands so much more. He has always been opinionated, but these days it's different, he has an opinion about things, but also has a reason for that opinion. Does that make sense? His imagination is growing by the day, and I love that! He and Isaac had so much fun this summer playing together and making up different scenarios and things. He loves for me to read to him. This summer we've gotten into the Magic Treehouse series, which has been so fun! These are chapter books, and the boys will beg me to read the entire book in one sitting! They just cannot get enough! It amazed me that he will sit for that long at 4 years old, and listen to me read to him. Each book is a different story...dinosaurs, on the moon, in the rainforest, the wild west, etc. These books have truly helped their imaginations grow as well. Luke has handled the move so well! I don't know that he totally understands the distance from our old house and friends, but he has taken to this new life like a champ! He has asked me multiple times if his cousins can come over the next day to bike with him. That makes me sad when he asks since I have to say no, but thankfully he handles it well each time. One of his favorite things to do here is to go for bike rides in the new neighborhood. Luke even made a 4 mile bike ride!!! I was so impressed by his determination and ability! He's also really enjoying the playgrounds and parks that are nearby...we have been regulars at Isaac's school playground. Another thing he's really enjoyed since the move, is the steady flow of visitors...we've all enjoyed that! We've had a great time with Oma and Opa, Emmy and Gumby, Uncle Rudi and family, Tante Soo Jin, the Henderson girls, and the Stocktons! It's been such a blessing to us to have so many people come see us...I feel this has helped the children so much, and I am so thankful for everyone taking the time and making the effort to do that for us! Back to Luke...he is very social, and loves to play with friends. Thankfully, I have a very good friend here, who has a son his age...perfect! They've hit it off so well! We've had three playdates with them, and they've all had so much fun together. I am excited to watch that friendship grow! After our first playdate with him Luke said, "Mama, I like Jonah, but I'm not sure if I love him yet." Haha, I have no idea where that came from...but it sure made me laugh! After the next playdate I asked him how he felt about Jonah, and he said he did love him now. Ha! One day while shopping at Target the cashier was extra chatty. The kids loved that and really soaked up all of the attention. When we walked away Luke said, "Mama, I think I love that lady that we just payed for our groceries." Heehee! The boy has a lot of love to give.
Another funny thing he's said recently...a week or so after moving to the new house he was playing on the stairs, kind of studying the carpet or something. He said to me, "Mama, our new house does not seem very new, it seems like an old house." After a quiet giggle I replied, "You're right Luke, it's not a new house, but it's new to us."
Our Luke is something special, he is my peanut, my strong willed boy with so much love! This summer has been so fun with him...I love watching him grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment