Getting on the bus! He was so ready, he didn't hesitate for even a second! Luke was out waiting with us, and when the bus pulled up he gave Isaac a big hug and said, "Bye Isaac. I love you!" Oh how I'm so thankful for their sweet relationship.
I cannot believe he's in 1st grade...wasn't he just born!?! I am denial that he's getting so big, but everyday he reminds me that he is growing up by the way he acts and handles things.
One day this will fit...I am excited to have a picture of him wearing it every year!
I gave in and let him get a new backpack this year...he loves it because it lights up.
He insisted on a picture with his sweet buddy, Tex.
And he wanted a picture in front of the mailbox, too. Haha!
I'm so proud of this guy! I was a nervous wreck, so anxious about him going to a new school...he was totally chill like it was no big deal. Wow, so thankful for The Lord's strength in him.
He has a locker in his classroom! So fun!
Waiting to get started...
And he's home!!!! Oh how they missed him while he was gone! These three are precious...Isaac is Luke's best friend, and Hannah adores Isaac.
So HAPPY!!!
So leading up to this first day of school I was pretty nervous...I mean starting at a new school where he does not know a singles person and nobody knows him. That's hard to handle as a mama. Thankfully we were able to go take a tour of the school and meet his teacher one day last week. That definitely helped me, and I know it helped Isaac so much! He was a little nervous when we first got there that day, but by the time we left he was talking to everyone and skipping down the hall! On the morning of the first day (yesterday), he was completely relaxed! I was a nervous wreck (on the inside), but trying my best to be calm and normal for him. He was so chill, just getting ready like it was any other school day back at his old school. He was so excited to get out to the bus stop...our driveway! And as that bus pulled up he just walked right on! I'll admit, I was shocked by his calm demeanor! After he pulled away I ran in, got my keys, and jumped in my truck to head to the school. I got there after him, but was able to help him get his bag in his locker and get a few pictures of him. I got a picture of him and his sweet teacher, too. Then after a few kisses, I reluctantly left. Haha! Really, I was the nervous one, he was fine! I could sense a little uneasiness in him at the school, but not much at all, he was happy.
When I got home Hannah came running to me, "Mama's home! Isaac's home!" I had to tell her no, he's at school. She did not like that answer.
It was a long day, but we all survived, and I think Luke really enjoyed his one on one time with me while Hannah napped. As soon as Hannah woke up from her nap she asked for Isaac. She wanted to go wait for his bus immediately.
We got out on the driveway a little early due to our anxiousness to see him, but also because I had no idea what time to expect the bus. After what seemed like forever the bus finally pulled up. Hannah and Luke could not contain themselves, they both ran up and gave Isaac a big hug!!!
Isaac came off the bus all smiles. He had an awesome day, and I could tell that right away when I saw his face. My heart felt so much better as I saw his joy. I didn't get a lot of information out of him, but he did say the bus was really hot this afternoon. Heehee. He made two friends on the bus, but he didn't know their names. And he said they didn't do any work. He was also pretty bummed that they have to walk or run two laps on the track outside before they can play at recess. I like that...way to get them moving! I didn't get much else out of him, he just wanted to play with his brother and sister, not talk about his day.
Day 2, today, went great as well! He again left without any hesitation. Luke was funny though...I told Isaac to go put on his shoes, and Luke looked at me so confused, "Why? Where is he going?" I said, "School." Luke then so sadly replied, "No, not again." The poor guy sure loves his big brother, even if they don't always act like it. Isaac came home happy again, full of energy, and excited about his day.
To say I am proud of him is an understatement, this boy has amazed me! He has always had a shy and timid personality, and I thought this transition would be so hard on him. He has handled it all so well, and truly was so brave as he started this new chapter. I hope this is the start to an amazing year for him!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment