Luke is 4!
Stats: Weight - 28.5 lbs
Height - 37.25 inches
Good morning Birthday Boy!!! Our sweet Luke is 4!!!
A few months ago Luke learned to ride his bicycle without training wheels, and since then he has been wanting to ride the dirt bike. I am not ready to put him on the dirt bike yet, but I think this dirt bike bicycle is perfect for him! He loved it...his very own dirt bike!
We celebrated on his birthday with cupcakes at school. Hannah and I brought in cupcakes for his class, they were decorated with Planes rings! It was so special to spend that time celebrating him with his sweet school friends.
Later that day we went to dinner at Chick Fil A with some friends. It was a small thing, but meant so much to our boys. We celebrated both of them, they were loved on and given sweet gifts. Nothing much better than friends, cupcakes, and play time.
The day after Luke's birthday we had a birthday party for a friend. I captured this shot of my boys, and I just love it! These brothers fight sometimes, but they also have the best times together! I love the way they compliment and challenge each other. What a sweet thing it is to have a brother to share life with!
Luke is an amazing 4 year old! He has a heart of gold, he loves animals (he tells me all the time while out that he misses his dog Tex), and he has the determination of someone twice his age. Luke gives the best hugs, if you ever need to feel loved ask him for a hug. I love the way he shows his love with sweet hugs. He is two years younger than his brother, but he wants to do everything he does, and he will not let his age or size stand in the way of that. Life is a race for Luke, he makes everything a competition, and sadly he does not handle it well if he loses. I am praying that we can teach him to use this drive and passion to help him succeed as he grows.
He is so active and loves to be outside swinging, swimming, biking, and driving. He also knows his boundaries and is very careful. For example, he is not ready to swim yet this summer, he's afraid, so he just plays happily and carefully by the pool or on the shelf. He is a cautious boy, and I am thankful for that! Luke loves to learn, he wants to learn. He is always asking me the most inquisitive questions. He has learned all of his letters and sounds, and has even started reading small words. He does this all on his own, with no push from me...he wants to learn everything he can about everything around him.
Luke has many friends, he plays with everyone, he is not very shy when it comes to kids. He will just jump right in and play whatever his friend wants to do. He has made some great friends at school and gymnastics. I am thankful that he will play hard with anyone that is willing and ready to have fun!
Luke's biggest struggle is his size. He is small, and he has realized that, and he does not like it. He gets very upset if anyone refers to him as little, he yells and sometimes cries, he is not little. He doesn't always understand that sometimes when people call him little they are referring to his age, not his size. Hopefully, this is something he will be okay with soon. He is small, but he is mighty!
I'm so thankful the Lord has trusted us with the job of parenting this amazing boy! He challenges us, makes us laugh, and fills our lives with joy and love!
Luke's 4 year old questions:
Favorite toy: new bike ramp
Favorite thing to learn: counting
Favorite snack: nilla wafers
Favorite TV show: Paw Patrol
Food I disklike: peanuts
Favorite color: Red
Favorite Song: I've Been Working on the Railroad
Favorite thing to do outside: Play on the dirt road outside
Favorite thing to do with mama and daddy: play games
Best Friend: Jason (from school)
Favorite thing to do with Isaac: play a game
Favorite thing to do with Hannah: splash in the mud
Favorite animal: tiger
When I grow up, I want to be: a boat driver (usually he says a race car driver)
No comments:
Post a Comment