Sunday, April 13, 2014

Oh the things kids say...

Now that we have three little talkers in this house there are constantly funny little things being said.

Luke has been very into his size lately, he gets furious if someone uses the word little when talking about him.  This has helped with his eating, sometimes, because we can convince him that if he eats his meat or veggies he will get big and strong.  A few weeks ago he ate half a hamburger, on a bun, which was a first for him.  He was very proud of himself!  And after that meal and many others, he asked, "Do you want to see how big I am?"  He then stands up and with a big, proud smile, and he shows us how big he is. I love it, it's so cute!  The other day Luke and Isaac were playing outside, and the metal police car fell into the flower bed.  Isaac, so nicely, went over to help Luke get it out.  Luke got mad at him and said, "I don't need your help, I can do it, I am strong because I ate a hamburger!"  Haha!  It took everything in me to keep from laughing!
Luke has also started asking what words mean.  I think he does it to be annoying or silly, but I'm not sure.  He only asks about the simple words that he knows...like zero, tomorrow, long, etc.  It's frustrating because some of those words can only be defined in one way, and one way is usually not enough.
Luke is still learning a sense of the past.  Anything that happened in the past happened yesterday, according to him.  It could have happened 3 weeks ago and he says, yesterday.  It drives Isaac crazy, he gets so mad at him!
The other day Luke was playing Isaac's guitar and singing, "I've been working on the railroad."  He strummed the guitar to the rhythm of the song while he sang, and he even played a little intro each time before starting the song.  I was so impressed...it's funny the things he notices.

Hannah is talking so much!  She cracks me up daily, but of course I can't remember it all.
One day last week Hannah used her closed sippy cup to try to get water from the refrigerator, of course that didn't work so well, so water went everywhere.  She stood there and said, "Oh man, I'm all wet!!!"  We laughed so hard!
Today after Sunday school she told me in a very sad voice, "I cry at Sunday school."  Then a few minutes later, "I had fun at Sunday school."  Silly girl!  The teacher did tell us that she cried a lot at the beginning, then she finally calmed down and started talking a lot, and was asking to go outside.  It is kind of mean of them, they have a big playground right outside their window, what kid wouldn't beg to go outside?
When I ask her if I can sing her song she will say yes, then ask for the ABCs.  As soon as I start to sing she yells, "NO!  Itsy Bisy Spider!"  Every time it goes this way!
We went to Isaac's school carnival the other day, they had one bounce house just for kids 5 and under.  It was a big Tiger bounce house.  Hannah was too scared of the tiger to go near it.  Ever since she's been talking all about tigers.  She tells me, "I saw tiger.  I scared.  Tiger said ROAR!!!"  It was a cute tiger, silly girl, not at all silly.
Every morning when Hannah wakes up she says, "Where going?"  "Bus stop, Isaac?"  The girl loves visiting with the neighbors at the bus stop.
She has starting sitting on the potty, but has not done anything yet.  Everytime she tells me, "It's stuck, my peepees stuck."

I can't think of any funny things that Isaac has said lately, but I know he has...the boy keeps us on our toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer