This winter has been COLD! Okay, I know winter is supposed to be cold, but it's been colder longer than usual and it's been much colder! The past two weeks gave us a some winter fun, first an ice day and then the next week a SNOW day! Brrrr, it was cold, so we didn't get to play outside too long, but we couldn't sit inside during these fun times.
The race car was stuck in the ice on the patio table. The boys thought this was so cool!
The slide was covered in ice...had the kids been a little older I probably would have let them slide down it. :)
Hannah and I all bundled up for this icy day!
Buddies!
Later in the day the ice melted and the roads were clear, so we headed over to a near by friend's house to play. It was so fun, as it's a friend Isaac doesn't get to see often any more. The kids all had a blast playing with sweet friends, and I enjoyed catching up with my friend!
On January 28, we had a snow day! It started out as just sleet, but in our world of south Texas that is pretty fun. So we bundled up and headed out.
After being out there a few minutes the sleet started to change into snow! The kids and I were so excited! It quickly began collecting on the table, chairs, slide, and trampoline!
My gang!
Their first ever snow man!!! Can you see it on the table behind them? We had to use the snow from the table to make it. I had to teach them how to make a snow man, they did not know to make three separate balls and then stack them. It was fun!
Isaac was the most excited about our snow man.
The trampoline ended up being where the real fun was...it had a good layer of snow on it, so the boys were on cloud 9!
Snow angels!!!
Jumping in the snow, look at those smiles!!! They also had a snow ball fight, which ended quickly when Isaac hit Luke in the face. Ouch! Luke was not happy, but after a minute or two of crying, and me getting all the icy snow off of him and out of his jacket, he was all ready to go again.
I'm so thankful the memories we made on these special days off. The kids enjoyed snow for the first time, and we had some lazy time in the house. We made crafts, read books, drank hot chocolate, and played a lot! I'm grateful for these days with my kids, as they are growing way too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment