The month of December has continued to be, different, but we still had a great Christmas. We spent a lot of time leading up to Christmas talking about why we celebrate Christmas, trying to be sure that our hearts were focused on Christ. One thing we did was read through their Storybook Bible, we read from the beginning of creation all the way through the birth of Christ. They boys love reading their bibles, and are remembering so much of the things they've learned. I tried to read only one story a day, but they always wanted to keep going...I'm thankful the Lord has started to stir their hearts and minds to learn more.
We did talk more about Santa this year as well, since the boys are starting to understand that more and of course hear about it from friends. It was fun to see their excitement build as they believe in the magic of Christmas. Of course, being the curious and logical boys that they are, they did have a lot of questions, especially Isaac...and some of those questions were tough.
Christmas Eve was a quiet day around here, as Hannah was struggling with her RSV. We had plans to celebrate Christmas at Emmy and Gumby's house that evening, but since Hannah was sick we knew she could not go. So Hannah and I stayed home, but the guys all headed over there for dinner and fun. The boys were so excited to start the Christmas celebrations!!! Unfortunately, Gumby was not feeling well either, so it was definitely a more mellow celebration than normal, but the time with family is cherished. Hannah had a rough evening, her fever went up and she was very congested, so I gave her a bath, medicine, and lots of love.
The boys were worn out after the party, but I managed to snap a quick picture before they went to bed.
Christmas morning the boys slept in, until 7:15...ha! I did manage to keep them in their room until 8:00, so Carl and I could get ready, start breakfast, etc. Once they got up they were full of joy and excitement! Hannah did sleep in, until almost 9:00 (which is unheard of), so the poor boys had to be very patient! They were really good though, and thankfully we had new toys from Emmy and Gumby to play with while we waited. This picture is them with their marble tower, Luke has been wanting this for months after playing with it at a friend's house. They couldn't wait to get it set up! They played with this for quite some time while waiting for their little sis.
Hannah finally made it up! The boys couldn't wait one more second, so they immediately started with their stockings.
Even Tex had a present in his stocking...he was more excited than he appears to be here. Ha!
It was a wonderful morning with our family, the kids enjoyed everything about it, and so did I! I love seeing their joy as they tear into a present and find something they love!
We spent the day hanging out and playing with all their new things. Hannah was still not 100%, but was not running a fever, so that was a blessing! She took a long nap in the afternoon, and once she woke up we headed to Oma and Opa's house to celebrate with everyone! Unfortunately I did not take any pictures there, I'm not really sure why not, but it was a fabulous evening with family. The kids were given some great gifts, all of which they love, and they had a blast playing with their cousins. I'm so thankful for the time they get to spend with their cousins (on both sides), it's a blessing to see them grow up together.
As far as the kids, it was a fantastic Christmas, one I will not soon forget! There's something so special about experiencing Christmas with little ones. As I mentioned early, Tom was not doing well on Christmas Eve, so on Christmas Day Aaron took him to Dallas to be evaluated at the hospital. They admitted him into ICU, which is where he still is today. It's so hard to be so far away, but he is constantly in our thoughts and prayers. So although it was not a typical Christmas, and our hearts are heavy, we are thankful for so much...and we know that God is still King, and none of this surprises Him. We are keeping our eyes on Him, and praying for His strength to carry us through these rough days.
No comments:
Post a Comment