Monday, October 14, 2013

A new adventure...





Our Luke, he's always been our shy one, not too sure about new places or new classes.  We tried soccer camp this summer, and it was 50% successful.  But we really felt it was time to get him in another sport, to try another class of some kind.  He has been to watch Isaac at gymnastics for years, so we thought it would be an easier transition, plus I feel gymnastics is a great sport for little ones as it teaches great body awareness and so many other basic skills.  I've asked him many times if he wanted to try gymnastics, and he always said no...which baffles me because he's so strong, he loves to jump, flip, roll, etc...he's meant to do it.  So a few weeks ago he was doing seat drops and straddle jumps on the trampoline, and loving it, so I asked again...he said yes!  I asked again that afternoon, he still said yes to trying gymnastics, so I called to get him in.  We went in for a trial class the next day, and he had absolutely no hesitation! (He was pretty excited to wear his big brother's gymnastics clothes.)   He went right in, and got right to work!  He did every single thing the coach asked of him, no fear and no trouble at all!  I was so proud of him!!!  His PE teacher at school just told me a few days before this class that he does not participate in her class, just watches.  I expected a lot of that at the gym, but he never stopped, he did it all!  He had so much fun, I could see it on his face and in his eyes throughout the entire class.  Afterwards he told me that he wanted to go back the next day and the next and the next.  Whew!  Success!  So as I signed him up for the class his coach came over and said he needed to move up to the next one, he's ready.  Okay, we put him in the 3-5 year old class.  Last week was his first time in that class, and again he did wonderfully!  If he wasn't sure of a skill he watched the other kids and copied what they did.  I love watching his confidence grow as he spreads his wings and tries new things! 

Sidenote....my blogging days have been slow due to a SUPER SLOW computer.  However, Carl just recently fixed that problem for me, so brace yourselves for lots of new blogs soon!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer