Tuesday, February 19, 2013

No Tears!!!

You all know that Luke is shy, Luke does not like change, Luke does not like strangers touching him...so as you can imagine, a hair cut is tough on him.  He has never liked them, and has cried for every single one.  You all know that Luke is calm, even when he cried at his haircuts he sat very still and just cried.  Thankfully he has great hair, and we all love it long, so he doesn't have to get hair cuts often.  Today was the day though, his hair was so long and in desperate need of a trim.  As soon as I opened the door to the place he stopped, he would not cross the threshold.  Poor guy, breaks my heart, but I don't have a choice.  We have found an amazing lady that is so sweet and so patient (she has cut Isaac's hair and Luke's hair from the beginning), she was there waiting for him and immediately welcomed him in.  He was not buying it.  He said, "Mama, this not fun."  Ugh, a little more heart break.  Finally, in we went, back to his car, and up in the seat.  He was about to cry, he was not happy at all, but our amazing lady offered Mickey Mouse on the tv and a lollipop for him to eat while she cut his hair.  He accepted both and she started cutting.  He quietly sat, licking his lollipop, watching Mickey, and NOT crying!!!  Woo Hoo!!!  She even used the razor to trim the sides and back, then the hair dryer to clean him off...still no tears!  Have I mentioned how amazing she is!?!  I am so proud of Luke, he is really growing up!
Speaking of growing up and being proud of Luke...today he wore pull ups!!!  Okay, again, the boy does not like change, so getting him to wear a pull up instead of his normal diapers was not easy, but with some bribery and sweet talk, I was able to get him to wear it!  He did so well, he only wet the pull up twice today.  Not bad for the first day, and a day when we were out and about.  I am so proud of this little guy!  Wish us luck as we continue on the potty training journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer