Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Isaac at 4.5


Talkative, silly, curious, observant, persistent, and so sweet...these are all words that come to mind when I think of my Isaac.  Many times a day I wonder how he grew so fast, is that big boy really my baby boy?  Gosh, he's growing fast physically and mentally!  I cannot believe kindergarten is only a semester away, it just doesn't seem possible.  He is loving this year of preschool, he learns so many great things every day (academically, socially, and spritually).  This year he communicates the things he's learning more than he did in the past and I can tell he is soaking it all up!  He has two fabulous teachers, for which we are so thankful!  Isaac has always loved music, singing, and "playing" his guitar, so we decided to enroll him in his school's Christmas Choir Camp.  He has gone every Wednesday for this past month, for 2 hours in the evening, and he has a blast!  He is a bit nervous to go every week, but once he's there he's fine, and he leaves the church giddy and bouncing from excitement!  Of course at home he still loves to be outside, really he prefers to be outside.  From the moment he gets up until he goes to bed at night, he is asking to go play outside.  His favorite activity is now a toss up between riding his "motorcycle" (aka bicycle) or driving a power wheels vehicle.  He also really enjoys swinging and jumping on the trampoline.  He and Luke play so well together and often drive off through the yard together going to do different things...it makes me so happy to see them enjoying those moments together.  Isaac ADORES his sister, he takes such good care of her!  Sometimes he hesitates when I ask him to do things for me, but when I ask him to do something that involves helping or taking care of Hannah he does it immediately.  He would feed her, change her, and even bathe her if I allowed it...he is such a great big brother!  Isaac's newest infatuation is with jeans and belts....he wants to wear a pair of jeans with his belt every day!  If the jeans are dirty or if it's too hot, he chooses shorts with belt loops, he can't leave the belt at home.   A couple of weeks ago I let him wear a tie to church, now that's a daily battle, too!  Oops, I should have known that would happen.  Of course, Isaac is SO excited and anxious about Christmas!  He has made many Christmas crafts at home and school, he talks about it all the time, and demands that we listen to Christmas music in the car.  I love hearing him sing the songs, it's a precious sound...even the millionth time.  Ha!  I mentioned at the beginning that he is talkative...oh my, the boy's mouth is never closed!  He cannot let a second go by without a word...Carl is sure that behavior was passed down from me...I've apologized to my parents for the nonstop talking I'm sure I did as a kid, which may or may not have driven them a bit crazy.  :-)

My Isaac is keeps me entertained and keeps me thinking...I'm thankful for his deep thoughts, silly thoughts, and sweet heart.

1 comment:

  1. He's a sweet boy. Glad to read the update about him since I don't see him enough.

    ReplyDelete

A Mother's Prayer