Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween 2012

 Ready to go Trick or Treating!

 Driving from house to house to trick or treat...there's no better way.


 Taylor and Isaac at gymnastics...best friends!

 Cubby and Jake ready for the school Halloween party.

 Pumpkin Patch!



Halloween 2012 was a fun time!  We had a few different celebrations leading up to the actual day, which was extra fun for the kids because it meant they got to dress up multiple times.  It all started with a party with Isaac's school friends, there was lunch, a bounce house, and pumpkin decorating...plus everyone in costume!  Oh speaking of costumes, this year we had Jake (from Jake and the Neverland Pirates), aka Isaac, and his buddy Cubby, aka Luke.  Hannah was none other than the sweet Minnie Mouse.  The next party was a birthday party for one of Isaac's best friends, and again they got to go in costume.  Isaac's Jake hair was a hit everywhere he went, and he loved wearing it!  The birthday party was fun, turns out Spiderman is a huge hit with Isaac's buddies at school, it was the theme of the party and 4 of the kids were dressed up as him!  The boys had a blast running, jumping in the bounce house, and just playing with all their friends.  The day before Halloween Isaac got to wear his costume again, to gymnastics this time.  It was a great Halloween themed day of fun.  Finally, it was Halloween!  I told Isaac the day before that it would be Halloween the next day and he couldn't believe it!  He was thrilled and so anxious for the day to come.  On Halloween day Isaac had a Pumpkin Patch day at school.  Thankfully, I was able to go volunteer and get in on some of the fun.  I love watching him with his friends and seeing him in that environment.  I started the morning helping the PE teacher with games, I got to help with the 3 and 4 year olds.  It was a blast!  Isaac was more outgoing than I expected, he really enjoys his school!  After that Isaac and his class was headed to chapel, so I snuck in there...they've always said parents are welcome to attend, but because of the little ones I have never been able to do that.  It was a special time, and I'm so grateful that I got to experience that with him.  That day they happened to be learning about Hannah and her prayer.  What a great day for me to be there!  Isaac was over the moon to see me there, I sat behind him, he could hardly focus he was so excited.  Later I helped out with crafts in a couple of classes, then headed out to the pumpkin patch to help Isaac decorate a pumpkin and watch him play with his friends on the playground.  He was really into the sandbox that day, so I helped him build a sandcastle.  I love seeing the kids play, there are so many different personalities!  After school we tried to take it easy and relax a little to get ready for the evening fun.  The Stocktons came over for a pizza dinner, which was a fun treat for all of us.  Then we all got ready to head out!  Isaac and Taylor were so excited!  Taylor was dressed as a Texans cheerleader, and I must say she was the cutest one I've ever seen!  Luke was ready to go, too, even though he didn't really understand what was ahead of him.  Our friends from the neighborhood, the Parkers, came over to trick or treat with us...and to our suprise Ella (Isaac's friend) was dressed up as Izzy (from Jake and the Neverland Pirates)!  We had the whole gang!  After a little photoshoot, the kids loaded up in Isaac's Jeep and Ella's Gator and we headed out for some fun!  Daddy put a light on the Jeep so Isaac could see, it was the coolest thing in Isaac's world!  The kids did great driving around, we stayed out for an hour and a half, stopping at every house that had their porchlight on!  Luke started saying, "Happy Halloween!" that night, and he told everyone!  Hearing him say that was my favorite part of the night...I still ask him daily to say it.

1 comment:

  1. Isaac looks exactly like you in the picture at K2 with Taylor!!

    ReplyDelete

A Mother's Prayer