Sunday, November 11, 2012
8 months...it can't be!
Today our Hannah turned 8 months...it just can't be, how did that happen!?! She needs to stop growing so fast! I just asked Carl to tell me about Hannah and he said, "She's a go getter; when she wants something she goes after it and makes sure she gets it." He is so right, that is my girl...she's very aware of her surroundings and knows what she wants when she sees something. I love her determination and spunk. My girl is so fun, always ready for some fun and always moving. She's not crawling yet, but she is rolling and scooting her way around the room. The girl is loud, she is a talker and wants to tell everyone what's on her mind...kind of like her mama, I guess. ;-) Hannah LOVES her brothers, her face lights up when they come in the room, and she immediately starts "talking" to them. She is eating well, she's really started enjoying solids and is becoming less picky. Her favorites are avocado and banana. She hasn't mastered drinking out of the sippy cup, but she likes to chew on it. She has started to get more weary of strangers, but it's hard to figure out when she will get upset and when she will be fine. I think the more tired or hungry she is the less she likes strangers, but again, it's very unpredictable. She has started going to the church nursery, and it went well the first 2 times, but this past week she did not want to be there, it broke my heart. I hope this phase doesn't stay too long. So I know I posted last month that she had her first tooth, but I think I was wrong, it sure felt like it was through, but we can't see anything, so I guess not yet. We're still waiting. This month we took a trip to Dallas to visit friends, we did it in one day, but it was a fun day! Hannah did great in the car and enjoyed visiting with everyone.
Life these days are hectic, chaotic at times, but I wouldn't change a thing. My kids have taught me to slow down a little, not worry so much about being right on time or making sure the house is perfect, life is more about having fun and enjoying each other. These days will be gone in a blink and I want to make sure we've lived life well. I'm so thankful for our sweet girl and the way she has changed us...for the better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment