Friday, April 6, 2012

1 month

While pregnant with Hannah it seemed like some months would just drag on, there were times when I thought March would never come. Now that she's here the time is flying by. Our sweet girl is going to be one month tomorrow! This month has been fun, challenging, exciting, and exhausting...and I have loved every minute of it. The boys are still absolutely crazy about their sister, they talk to her and love on her as much as possible. Luke's little face lights up when he sees her, and if she's down at her level she is smothered by his kisses. Isaac will climb to get to her, he cannot get enough of her, and wants to be a part of everything that happens with her. I am so thankful that even after a month they are still in love with her. Hannah is a great baby! She has a sweet cry that's not too loud and usually when she's crying it's for a reason...she's sleepy, dirty, or hungry. She loves to be held, but is also quite content laying in her bouncy seat or her bed. Her "bed" is actually a nap nanny, which has been awesome! A friend of mine let me borrow this for her, it is an inclined bed thing, that she loves. Before getting it she would only sleep an hour and a half or so at night, but her first night in it she slept 4 hours! I think she would wake herself up with a little reflux or gas, but now sleeping at the incline she is much more comfy. I am so thankful for this great contraption. ;-) Speaking of sleeping, this past week she only woke up 1 time per night, usually around 3 and then again around 6:30 or 7. There have been a couple nights that she slept in until 8 or 8:30! She is eating like a champ and growing like one, too! If she keeps this up she will catch Luke before she's one. She eats every 2-3 hours, unless she is sleeping, she will go 4 or so hours. During the day I wake her and make sure she eats at 3 hours if not before. I have gotten her to smile at me 3 times now, and it melts my heart each time! I can't wait until we get to see that pretty smile more often. She LOVES to be outside, no surprise her brothers were the same way. When she's fussy I can take her out and immediately she calms down and I can feel her whole body relax. She's actually napping outside as I right this from the back porch. This brings back memories of Luke, he spent many hours napping outside. So far she enjoys the car, she will cry a little at first, but then quickly passes out. Although if she is awake she tends to get mad when we stop, she wants to keep moving. This reminds me of Isaac, he was just that way. I will never forget driving home one day and getting stuck in a huge traffic jam, he cried and cried, but as soon as we started moving he was fine. The boy has always been a fan of speed. This week the kids and I have all been sick, including Hannah with her first bit of congestion. The poor thing, she sounds pathetic with her stuffy nose and sneezes. Thankfully she's handled it well. Due to the illness, we all went to the doctor together, so we got to weigh her on Tuesday, she was already up to 8 lbs!!! I can tell she's growing as her newborn clothes finally fit her well and she has outgrown a couple of things.

I am so in love with this sweet baby girl, this first month has been fun as we've watched her grow and begin to see the world around her. She fits right into the family, I have almost forgotten what life was like before she was with us.

Happy 1 month sweet Hannah Grace! (I'll post her one month picture in the next couple of days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer