Isaac is growing daily...physically and mentally! He is constantly impressing me with his
He is typically very polite, which is something I work on with him daily. He will almost always say thank you, please, and it's always yes, never yeah, but often yes ma'am/sir. He loves to talk, the boy does not stop talking...I'm not sure where he gets that. ;-) He is also quite the copycat when talking, but that's good because he learns from copying. His speaking is very clear now, I rarely have to translate any more. He really enjoys learnning Dutch, he asks me all the time how to say words in Dutch, and he randomly uses them in conversation.
He is our social butterfly. He loves going to Sunday school, preschool, and any situation where he surrounded by people. I think he enjoys adults as much as other kids. He is still very timid around other kids, so he often has toys taken away by other kids and he doesn't get them back. I am thankful he's not aggressive, but sometimes I wish he would stand up for himself a little more. He is a hugger, he will hug anyone, and always has to get his hugs and kisses in before bed, it's so sweet! He LOVES babies, every week after Sunday School they tell me that he spent time with the babies and is so gentle and loving with them.
Isaac is also quite obsessed with Thomas the Train...once it's turned on he goes into, what we call, the Thomas Trance. Nothing can distract him, unless we're too loud, then he will let us know he can't hear it and we need to be quiet. He has learned a lot about trains since watching this show, and it has good moral lessons as well. He is still crazy about driving, he drives his powerwheels daily, and is such a good driver. He will drive anything though, if it has wheels and can move he will drive it. Isaac and Luke both would live outside if we let them, they want to be outside from the minute they wake up...Isaac asks me every morning, is it 109 degrees yet? Can we play outside? Thankfully he LOVES the pool and swimming, so we do that often. He is such a fish, I am amazed by how far he's come with his swimming this summer. He kicks hard, uses his arms, and can even take a breath!
He has become quite whiney lately, which can be exhausting. But his mood changes at the drop of a hat, so often he will go from being so whiney to be super happy, and vice versa. He never naps anymore, he won't even let me call it nap time, it's rest time...this lack of sleep during the day often contributes to his whiney mood. He is very good about rest time though, he stays in his bed the entire time and talks to himself and his stuffed animals.
Isaac wants to learn. I mentioned his desire to learn Dutch, but he also wants to learn how to spell. He asks me how to spell all kinds of things and he can spell quite a few words for you. I love that he has such a strong desire for knowledge, I pray that is something that doesn't fade. He also thoroughly enjoys music...hearing him sing melts my heart. It also makes me giggle when he tries to sing along with a song that he doesn't really know the words to.
One of my favorite stories that I have to share/record is a prayer he said the other day as the clouds were moving in and we were hoping for them to let out the rain. He said he'd pray for the rain for us, so he ran off, sat down, and said, "Dear Jesus, please make it rain. Yes. Okay. Thank you!"
Isaac is an awesome big brother, a sweet son, and a joy to us! I love him so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment