We have been having a hard time really getting commited to going to church ever since Isaac was born. I have a hard time leaving a sad child in Sunday school, plus I am super paranoid of germs and illnesses. We did really good for a while before Luke was born and went to a church near my parent's house... we left Isaac at their house to avoid Sunday school, and Carl and I went to church. We continued going for a little bit after Luke was born, and have gone randomly ever since. Well, we decided recently that we, okay I, needed to get over my Sunday school issues and just take the kids to church. We wanted to find a church in our area to meet new friends near us and to meet some kids for the kids to play with. Also, we wanted to find a church that would really help guide us in teaching our kids about Jesus and the Bible.
I sent Carl out on a church visit to find one that would fit our family...he really liked the first one he tried, and we have been going there ever since. Isaac has done wonderfully, he loves it! He asks all the time if he can go to Sunday school; yesterday he even asked me why we don't go to Saturday school. There are babies in the same room as our boys and Isaac enjoys loving on them and helping to take care of them. Every week they tell me that Isaac spent some time in the baby section tending to the little ones, and helping to calm them when they fuss. I love his sweet heart, I am so thankful for that characteristic in him. Luke, on the other hand, has had the opposite experience. He is not fond of it, but that's not a suprise to us. We are just praying that the Sunday school workers are patient and understanding, and that he adjusts quickly. It is really helpful that they are in the same room, all of the kids are together, so Isaac is able to talk to him and help calm him. Carl and I are really enjoying the church, and are learning new things. The people in the church are so welcoming, which has been great! I pray this is a church in which our family can grow for many years to come.
That is great! We REALLY love our church family and get so much out of it every Sunday. I work in the nursery as a sub and that helped Hudson a lot when he was Luke's age.
ReplyDelete