Isaac has been talking nonstop for over a year now, but lately he has started saying funny things and really coming up with good/interesting/funny thoughts. I love the way the 2 year old mind works...
Here are some of my favorite things from lately:
- I've been really working on having Isaac ask for things by saying, "May I have...please." Recently he told me, "Mama I didn't say May I to Daddy when asking for a drink." I said, "Why not? You need to say May I." He immediately responded, "My May I is broken, Mama!"
- He told me the other day, "Mama, I love you, but I don't like you." Ha! I won't take offense to that, he is in a "I don't like..." phase.
- Whenever I ask him anything about his school friends the first person he always mentions is, Sophia....he tells me all the time, "Mama, I love Sophia." He asks me multiple times a day what she is doing, where she is, where does she live, etc.
- The other morning before his gymnastics class he was being, well, a 2 year old, and I was worn out, by 10:30 am! I told him, "Isaac you are wearing me out." A little while later he said, "I'm going to wear out Coach Sarah at gymnastics today." Uh-oh, I thought! Thankfully he was great during class! Whew!
- He has a new stuffed animal that he has grown very attached to, when he wants it, but doesn't know where it is, he says, "Where is my friend that I love?" He has named this friend, Schifsty (I don't know how he came up with that!)
- He has never had much of an opinion about what he eats for meals, he eats what we give him, but lately he has become a little more opinionated. The other day I told him I needed to pack his lunch to take with us to eat after gymnastics class. He said, "No mama, don't make a sandwhich, I want chicken." "Chicken," I asked, "what kind of chicken?" "From ChickFilA, Mama!" He has never been a big meat eater, so while I'm a little embarrased that it was fast food he asked for, it was at least chicken.
- He has been wearing underwear since November, but has yet to learn how to "make dirt" on the potty, as he says. Whenever I have him try to do it he tells me, "I can't do that until I'm BIG (emphasizing BBBIIIGGG) like y'all."
- We have talked to him a lot about getting him out of his crib and into a big boy bed. His friend, Taylor, already has a big bed, her big girl bed, so Isaac is convinced that he needs a big girl bed like her. Ha! I can't get him to understand why he can't have a big girl bed, but a big boy bed instead.
- When I ask Isaac to show me how to do something he always starts with, "Okay, okay, let me show you." (very maturely and assertively)
- He also likes to start sentences with, "Hey, ...." It's a funny hey, not a demanding hey.
- When he asks questions he often says them quietly and the pitch goes up as he says it. It's really funny.
I will admit that there are times when I just want some quiet, I want him to stop talking, but really I am so thankful for his words for they are a light into his mind. And I love hearing his thoughts! He is a sweet hearted boy, that is learning new things daily!
No comments:
Post a Comment