Wednesday, March 9, 2011

10 months









My peanut is 10 months old today! I am starting to get sad, he is growing up too fast! My baby is trying so hard to keep up with his big brother, and he is pretty good at it. I love seeing them play together, hearing them laugh together, and watching the bond between them grow everyday!

I feel like Luke has changed so much in the last month, he is really developing his personality and showing us glimpses of the person he will be. One of my favorite changes from the last couple of weeks is snuggling. He has become so snuggly with me lately, he was never the baby that I could rock to sleep and snuggle with, but here lately he is really into laying his head on my shoulder and he has let me rock him to sleep at naptime, too. The last few mornings, after I picked him up from his crib, he gave me kisses and even tried to hug me! Aaawww, it is the best way to start my morning! He has always been my mama's boy, but lately he has gotten worse about it, maybe that's why there're more snuggling. He is fine with strangers or even acquaintances, as long as I am close by...if I leave his sight, we're all in trouble. ;-)
He crawls everywhere, everywhere!!! He pulls up on everything, including the stairs! He follows Isaac around, never letting him out of his sight. He has become a little fiesty lately, when he decides he wants to do something he will fight me when I tell him not to. The other day he was putting a magnet in his mouth, and I was telling him no. After the second or third time I said no, he looked at me and smiled. Uh oh! I think he's going to push the limits! He still loves his pacifier, but has started spitting it out when he finds something he wants to put in his mouth. If I put the pacifier back in, he just spits it back out. Oh goodness! Luke loves to swing in his outside swing. Obviously he can't talk yet, but if we're out there on the porch he will find a way to communicate his desire to swing. He can sit in it for an hour if we let him! He also enjoys riding in Isaac's Power Wheels Jeep, and if Isaac's driving around without him he doesn't let Isaac out of his sight. He enjoys playing with trucks, he pushes them around and checks out the tires. It's so cute to see my little peanut playing with trucks that are bigger than he is!
He is eating more, I have tried to increase the amount of solid foods he is getting, as well as increasing his milk. He looks like he is gaining some weight, I hope we're right! Thankfully, he is a good eater, he's not too picky and enjoys most of the things we give him!
My little peanut is such a blessing! I am trying to savor every day with him because I want to remember these moments forever! I am so thankful for the sweet gift of my boys, God has truly blessed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer