- Isaac loves playing peek-a-boo! He will cover his eyes, hold this for what seems like forever, then uncover his eyes and yell, "BOO!" This is always followed by a big laugh and then, "Mama, Boo!" or "Daddy, Boo!" He even played peek-a-boo with Carl when Carl was out of town...they played while talking on the phone, and that was just as fun for Isaac!
- Hide and seek is his second favorite game, well it's more just hiding! Ha! He runs off, usually when he knows I want him to do something, and he hides in a random room or closet, often in the dark! He then lays down or sits quietly until we come find him. Once we find him he busts out laughing!
- Copy cat continues to be a favorite thing for him, too! I have realized that this could start to get him/us in trouble. Today while waiting in line to check out at the grocery store the lady in front of us realized she forgot something. She turned around and sighed really loud as she raced past us to go get the item. Isaac immediately imitated her, "UGH!" I think he did it 3 times in a row! I was embarrassed, hoping she didn't hear, but also found it pretty humorous! I am not sure how to teach him when imitating is not nice and when it is okay. Hhhhmmm...I guess we'll figure that out with time.
- Pray! Isaac loves to pray! He asks to pray many times each day, always a few times during meals and also randomly throughout the day. Today he wanted to pray while swinging outside. I love this new fascination, I hope it is something that grows with him as he grows...we all know how important daily prayer is in life! Whenever he asks to pray, I say, "Who do we pray to?" And he responds, "Jesus!" Then we say, thank you, or love you, or whatever is appropriate at that time. Finished with, "Amen." (which he says pretty well!) Every night before bed I hold him and pray, and I end with, "In Jesus name, Amen." He always says Amen with me, right in sync! Such sweet moments that I want to remember forever!
- Yesterday we had some snow, which was beautiful, even though it didn't stick. It came down really thick for a while, so Isaac got to see it really well. It started during his nap, so when he woke up I opened up his curtain for him to see it, he quickly learned to say snow, although it sounds more like no. We went out and took a few pictures, but didn't stay out to play since it wasn't sticking and it was so cold! This morning during breakfast he looked out the window, as the sun was shining so brightly, and said, "Light on!" He was very excited to see the light outside, I told him that was the sun. I guess he missed it while it was gone the last few days.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Isaac's latests...
Isaac is growing so fast and developing such an adorable personality! I wanted to take a minute to share some of the fun things that have happened around here the last few days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sonja, this is AWESOME! Isaac has such an adorable personality and he is soooo smart! (like his parents) I enjoyed reading these precious updates and hope to read many more to come! What beautiful blessings!!! Give him a hig and kiss from us!
ReplyDelete