Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pre-K










 
Our precious peanut Luke has started Pre-K!  Pre-K, really!?!  How is that possible, that means kindergarten is around the corner!  This mama is not at all ready for that.  Okay, I'll focus on this year, one day at a time, make the most of everyday he is home with me, and the special times he has at his preschool.
 
Moving here Luke's preschool was a big concern for me.  I knew we needed to find him an awesome school, one that could compete with the amazing preschool we had down in Magnolia.  The bar was set high, so I researched and asked lots of friends for recommendations.  Since the house hunt took a little longer than we'd hoped it would we were pushing it to get him into a good school.  I was nervous.  I called two schools, both full...I was scared.  I decided to ask our wonderful realtor for a recommendation, as her grandkids are in the area, and I trust their recommendation.  I called the preschool immediately, and they had an opening for our boy!  Yay!  I said, sign us up..."Don't you want a tour?"  Oh yes, I'll come take a tour...haha!
 
He has now been in school for two and a half weeks, and he has done so well!!!  His teacher is fabulous, the curriculum so far has been so great, and the biblical focus is strong.  I could not have asked for more
 
The smile you see on his face in the first day of school pictures is genuine, he was so excited!!!  I really expected him to hesitate with going to a new school, I expected him to be sad and have a hard time, BUT he proved me wrong!  He was beyond excited that first day, he couldn't wait to get there and he came home just as happy!!!  I am thrilled and so thankful for this blessing.  He has come home many days talking about a new friend, he never knows their names, but he is happy and has a great time!  He seems to love his teacher, and feel really comfortable with her and the school.  I am SO PROUD of this boy!!!  He has handled these changes like the strong, brave boy I always knew he was.  I am excited for the fun times ahead of him this year, for the memories we'll make, and the friends he will meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer