Swimming with Taylor.
Hannah and Luke both started the summer in their puddle jumpers, but now in July Luke is swimming completely on his own and Hannah is in a training vest.
Father's Day...we love you, Daddy!
Fun at the park for Mariah's birthday!
The diving board is a big attraction this summer...the kids all love it!
The World Cup was a big hit for our family this summer...the kids really enjoyed watching it, and of course we were all in orange for every Holland game!
Cousins
On July 5 we went to Oma and Opa's house to watch the world cup game and we finished the evening with some left over fireworks. Luke enjoyed them, but they were a bit loud. Isaac had a blast lighting them with the help of daddy and his cousins.
This summer has been a lot of fun! We have not gone anywhere too special, but we've had a lot of fun spending quality time with friends and family. The last week and half has been booked solid with playdates with all of our friends! We've been swimming at our house, at a couple of friends' houses, and we even took a day trip to the beach with the Hendersons. It was a blast! When we first got there Hannah was a little nervous. As I went to put her in the water for the first time she said, "No, Mama, not in the chocolate milk!" That girl cracks me up! She warmed up to it quickly, and eventually I couldn't get her out of the water. Luke and Isaac did not hesitate, they really enjoyed their time in the water and playing in the sand.
Yesterday, I took the kids on a bike ride around the neighborhood. During the ride we stopped at the neighborhood beach for a little swinging and playtime. It was a special time!
VBS - we all attended VBS this year, and it was great! The kids all enjoyed it, and I really enjoyed teaching Luke's 4 year old class.
All dressed up for Carl's cousin's wedding! Hannah danced the night away and had so much fun!
Beach day!
Swinging and playing at the neighborhood beach.
We spend our down time at home just trying to relax a little, pack a little for the move, go for bike rides, and do some school work with the boys. I'm trying to make sure they are both fully prepared for the school year ahead. With Isaac I've focused on 1st grade sight words, hand writing, and some addition/subtraction. I've been working with Luke on letter sounds and beginning reading. He really enjoys that. We've also started reading The Magic Treehouse series of books, and the kids love them! The books are 10 chapters each, we have finished the first two in 2 or 3 days each! The kids never want me to stop reading! I love that! We started the third book this evening, all three listened intently as we read 4 chapters! I am so thankful that they enjoy reading so much!!!
I'm really loving summer break; trying so hard to soak up every minute with my sweet kids and make great memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment