Monday, June 9, 2014

Kindergarten End of Year Fun

The start of kindergarten was such a roller coaster...it was exciting, it was scary, it was fun, and it was a hard transition.  Isaac was a champ through it all, he had times of struggle, but overall he was amazing throughout it all.  I cannot believe the year is over, I feel like we just started.  Isaac was blessed with an incredible teacher!  Mrs. Swiney was all that we prayed for in a teacher for Isaac.  She was a perfect blend of love, kindness, and discipline.  And she really took time to get to know Isaac and to develop a bond with him throughout the year.  He absolutely adores her, I mean truly, he loves her!  I am so thankful that The Lord provided Isaac with a wonderful start to his education journey.
 
 
Isaac's school ended the year with a Kindergarten graduation.  It was a special night.  Isaac got to dress up, and of course he had to wear a tie.  He looked so handsome.  I had to get a quick picture of he and his teacher before the big event.

 
The ceremony was so sweet.  Each child was called up by name and given certificates and awards.  Isaac received his kindergarten dimploma, the Physcial Fitness Award for sportsmanship in PE, and another which I can't remember.  oops.

 
Next, the entire class got up to sing songs, and oh they were so sweet!  I am so proud of Isaac, he was front and center (next to his sweet friend, Ella) and he did the motions to every song.  He sang some of the words, but I could tell he was nervous.  This was a huge improvement from last year when he would barely move when on performing on stage.  Isaac has grown so much over this year, he is so much more mature and confident in who he is now than he was a year ago.


 
Tante Soo Jin came to celebrate with us, so sweet!  And I absolutely love this picture of them!!!

 
FIELD DAY!!!
Isaac's entire class at the start of field day.

 
Field day was a blast!  They started out on these fun inflatable water slides...what could be better than that!?!


 
The kids were soaked throughout the entire day, but oh how much fun they had!!!  It was a sweet day of fun games with friends...what a wonderful way to end the year!

 
THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL


 
Isaac was a mix of emotions on this last day.  He is such a sweet hearted boy, and he loves with all his heart, so he is truly attached to his teacher, class, and school.  Finishing the year and heading into summer is exciting, but it's also sad to leave his friends and teacher knowing that things won't be the same.

 
The bus stop was a fun place!  The kids loved playing with the neighbors while we waited every morning.  Their favorite game was Ghost Ghost in the Graveyard.  I'm not sure why it's called that, but they sure laugh and have fun while they play.  What a blessing to have such sweet friends and neighbors.




 
Getting on the bus as a kindergartener, for the last time.

 
End of year party!!!

 
There are no words for how it felt to walk out of that class.  This year has meant more to us than I can explain...so thankful.

 
Oh these two are the sweetest of friends.  They helped each other in so many ways throughout the year, not always even knowing it.  Isaac told me a few times throughout the year that friends would ask him if he loved Ella.  Awe.  I am so incredibly grateful for their precious friendship.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer