Monday, July 8, 2013

Father's Day 2013





My kids and I are so blessed to have 4 amazing men in our lives to call, Dad, Daddy, Opa, Gumby, and Grandpa.  This year we celebrated Carl on Father's Day along with his dad, Gumby.  We started the day with donuts for breakfast and then the morning at church.  After church we headed out to Pasadena to celebrate Gumby and Grandpa.  It was a special time with family, it was so good to see the extended family out there.  We are so thankful for the loving and supportive family God has given us.  My favorite moment from that day was as Grandpa was getting ready to leave, Hannah and I were talking to him, and she just randomly leaned over to kiss him.  He was so happy, then she did it again!  It was completely on her own, no prompting from me...she's never done that before and hasn't done it since.  He just smiled so big and said, "She is such a delight!"  It's a moment I'll always remember.
Unfortunately, my dad/Opa was in Holland on Father's Day, so we didn't get to celebrate with him that day, but he was not far from our hearts and minds.  We sent him the picture from above, and Isaac filled out a sweet questionaire for him.  We missed him so much, but were sure to share our love with him once he returned.
I am so thankful that Carl has so many men in his life to look up to and learn from; I know that he is the father he is today because of these amazing men surrounding him.  I love all of these men so much, and I hope they always know how much they mean to me and the kids!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer