Friday, December 14, 2012

Big Changes

Luke has changed so much in the last couple of months!  He is talking up a storm, which is the biggest change, and he is so much happier and more social.  People tell me all the time how much he has changed and grown up.  I love hearing him talk because I feel like I'm really getting to know his thoughts now.  He amazed us daily with his talking, he went from saying a couple of words at a time to saying full sentences!  One of my favorite things he has said recently was when we were looking at Christmas lights...he kept saying, "Mama, look!  Those lights so so SO petty!!!"  Luke is such a joyful boy, which we always knew and saw, but others didn't see it often because of his shyness, but now everyone sees it!  Luke has a new love, a love for driving power wheels.  The boy started driving one day and hasn't stopped, and he drives perfectly!  Now when we go outside all he wants to do is drive and swing on the swingset.  If I tell him it's time to go in before he's had a chance to swing he tells me, "Please swing a minute."  Luke also loves to just play independently, he will play quietly with his trains or cars for so long, and sometimes I sneak in to just watch him play so sweetly.  Now that he's talking I enjoy listening to his descriptions as he plays. 

Luke loves his sister and brother so much!!!  He can't wait to pick Isaac up from school, he says with such excitement, "I see Isaac!!!" as soon as Isaac walks out of the building.  And he brings Hannah toys all day long, and loves to hug on her.  He has lately started getting nervous about her getting his toys though.  Sometimes when he's pushing around a car or train she will look his way and he just flips out, cries and calls for me.  It's sad and cute at the same time. 

Luke is my sweet peanut, he is full of energy, joy, and love!

1 comment:

A Mother's Prayer