- Months ago we found a John Deere Gator (kids ride on toy) by a neighbor's trash can. They said it was broken and it was trash, but I could not let it get thrown out, so I put it in the truck and brought it home. Carl was able to fix it, all it needed was a new battery, so we took it over to Carl's parents house and left it there for Isaac and his cousins to play with. Gumby brought it here one day for the kids to play with and it has stayed here since. Isaac drives it ALL the time! However, to go in reverse you have to hold the shifter down, which makes it hard because he can't watch behind him very well. I can tell that bothers him....well the other day, completely randomly he said to us, "I think I know why the Gator was at the trash when we got it, it's because you have to hold the shifter down. I don't like that. We need to give it back to Gumby."
- Sometimes Luke does not want to go to bed when we put them down. He sometimes needs us to come back in to hold him one more time, so he fusses. Well, last night, he started to fuss, but we told him to go to sleep as we walked out. He stood up and continued to fuss, Isaac took over for us, he was telling him, "Stop it, Luke, go to sleep." "Luke, be quiet, lay down." We giggled over it as we listened over the monitor. Tonight, Luke started the fussing again, as soon as we walked out. Isaac immediately said, "Luke, we're not doing that tonight!" Hee hee, Carl and I laughed so hard when we heard him say that. Luke listened though, he stopped fussing.
- Isaac is currently very into watching "Jake and the Neverland Pirates." He's funny, he's not a big TV watcher and will really only watch that or Chuggington, and he has to be in the right mood to watch at all. Well, he quotes and talks about Jake all the time! He even calls us each characters from the show.
- Isaac is so ready for baby girl to come out, he asks me constantly, "When is that baby coming out!?!" The other day he tried to lift up my shirt after asking that, and I asked what he was doing. He said, "I'm trying to lift the lid off your tummy."
- He loves to sing, he drives around the yard in his Gator or Jeep singing praise songs...it is precious!
- Sometimes in the car we listen to a CD of kids songs, which include educational type songs. The other day he said to me, "Mama I learn things from this music. So I don't need to go to school any more because I learn from this music." I said, "Yes, you do learn from this music, but you learn more at school. You love school, why don't you want to go?" His response is so boy..."I don't like school, it takes too long until we get to play."
Monday, March 5, 2012
Isaac funnies...
As most of you know, Isaac is a talker, he talks nonstop and talks about everything! I sometimes cannot believe the things that come out of his mouth, his vocabulary is exploding, and his thoughts are mind blowing to me sometimes. I am so surprised by the way his mind works, I mean gosh, he's only 3! Some things are so serious and smart, and then other things are so silly and goofy. I try to remember the big things that stand out, but if I don't write them down immediately I forget, especially these days. But I have a few things I want to remember and share...I hope you enjoy them, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment