Sunday, October 25, 2009

THS Homecoming Game

Can he get any closer to the action?

He really wanted to play with the football on Rita's garter.

Our attempt at getting a picture of Isaac with all the girls, unfortunately he was too shy to let them hold him, so I had to hold him, but then we could not get him to look at the camera...can you blame him, there are 19 beautiful girls behind him!?!

One of the girls got a quick hug in...she was in the Homecoming Court...what a lucky boy. ;-)


As a former teacher and cheer coach at THS I am still connected to the school and to the girls. I miss coaching the girls, and love any opportunity I get to visit with them and watch them cheer. Friday night I decided would be a great chance to take Isaac to visit with them as well....not sure who loved it more, Isaac or the girls. The girls have not seen Isaac since Homecoming last year, so they were shocked at how much he'd grown and of course thought he was the cutest thing ever! ;-) Isaac LOVED the game! Well, what little boy would not love hanging out on the track/sidelines during warm-ups, pregame, and during the game itself? He got to stand right by the band as they played the school fight song, watch the football players throw and catch up close and personal, as well as hang out with 19 high school cheerleaders that ooed and awed all over him! He danced to the band music, danced to the girls cheers, clapped with the girls, watched the football players closely, and enjoyed just running free on the track. It is so special to me to take my son to be a part of something that I've been a part of for so long; watching the same school that I cheered for as well as the girls that I used to coach, playing on the same track that I used to run on everyday and made my girls run on (even though they hated it), and meeting teachers/coaches that used to teach or coach me and were also coworkers in the last few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer