Monday, August 31, 2009

Our travels

Our time in Europe is flying by, I can't believe we will only be here a few more days. Carl is actually already home; he flew home yesterday so he could get back to work today. We miss him so much, it's not the same without him.
We have had a blast here, doing some really fun things as well as some relaxing. Carl and I went to Barcelona for three days (Isaac stayed in The Netherlands with my parents)...Barcelona was amazing! Part of what made it so great was that we stayed with such wonderful people! We were able to stay with my friend Susan (a friend from high school) and her husband Sergi. They live in the heart of the city, within walking distance of everything! Sergi is the best tour guide in Spain, so we got a personal tour everywhere we went...he knew ALL of the history of everything we visited, it was impressive! We really got into Spain's daily routine, sleep until 10, breakfast at 11, lunch at 4, dinner at 11 or 12! What a fun lifestyle it is, but it was hard to adjust back to the regular routine in The Netherlands after that. We saw such beautiful things in Barcelona, including the Olympic area, Pablo Espanyol (sp?), Sitges (a gorgeous beach and cute town), beautiful churches and other buildings all over the city! We can't thank Susan and Sergi enough for the awesome time we had with them, it was just the break we needed!
In the Netherlands we have done lots of fun things, too, including going to Amsterdam, visiting a castle, biking through Kinderdijk (an area full of windmills), visiting with family, and visiting where my mom grew up. It has been a great vacation, I wish Isaac would remember it, but I have taken a ton of pictures so I will be able to tell him all about it later and he will know he was here.
Thanks for keeping up with us while we're here, I will be home soon and will surely update more.

Adios!
Dag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer